You can find your local suppliers by going to:
Or by going to your nearest farmers’ market:
localbreakfast.co.uk code of practice
The B&Bs on this site all serve a great British breakfast. With ingredients sourced from the surrounding area you truly get to “Eat the View”.
All the establishments featured are really proud of the food they serve and happy to talk to guests about the provenance of their breakfast.
Each mini site will focus on the unique culture and flavours of the area, showcasing local food heroes and events, as well as places to visit and attractions.
Local Breakfast Membership Standards
- All animal products (sausage, bacon, black pudding, eggs etc) must be sourced from local producers and be traceable to the farm of origin (ie. not just sourced from local supplier).
- At least 2 other items must be of local/home-produced origin eg. .jam, honey, apple juice, butter, bread, milk, yoghurts.
- A good choice of breakfast menu must be available, including low fat, vegetarian, gluten-free and vegan options.
- B&Bs must follow the “Green Tourism” code including re-cycling, use of low energy light bulbs, minimal towel washing policy etc.
- Hosts must attend at least 2 training events per year to keep updated with new ideas – this can include local tourism group meetings and other workshop sessions.
- Establishments must be inspected by AA/Quality in Tourism with a minimum 3 star standard.